As the Marketing and Communications Coordinator, you will be a key member of our Development Department and will collaborate with senior leadership and colleagues across the organization as well as the Board Development and Marketing Committee to ensure authentic, accurate and mission focused messaging. The primary purpose of this position is to manage the day to day marketing and communications initiatives to ensure maximum outreach, brand identity and marketing consistency.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement communications and marketing strategies aimed at increasing public, including elected officials, awareness and understanding of our organization, service area, and programs;
- Produce communications in support of fundraising, engagement, events and advocacy;
- Help arrange public speaking and involvement opportunities for senior staff, including management of event logistics and preparation of any necessary materials;
- Represent FAKH at events/meetings/etc., and be able to confidently tell the FAKH story;
- Serve on the KAFB Advocacy Committee, help coordinate Food Bank Day at the Capitol and coordinate FAKH’s and our service area’s participation and advocacy efforts for this event and throughout the year;
- Seek event attendance opportunities to market the FAKH mission both locally and throughout entire service area;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversee the organization’s media relations strategy and implementation to ensure maximum visibility across all media outlets;
- Ensure all FANO, UWCK, and other branding requirements are met;
- Create and maintain marketing and media partnerships to create opportunities for keeping FAKH in front of public throughout entire service area. Oversee database of updated contact lists for county newspapers, radio, etc;
- Help arrange media interviews, public speaking engagements, and presentations for senior staff. Help with preparation of articles and/or Op Ed’s for publication;
- Generate ideas and opportunities for feature articles, interviews, presentations, and other public relations activities that promote awareness of FAKH, its members, service area, and programs;
- Assist the Development Department with content, design, and layout of direct mail creatives ensuring maximum branding, educational and marketing benefit.
- Manage all aspects of FAKH’s website including regularly updating, creating and editing its content. Update and post information on social media outlets and work with contracted marketing firm to expand followers and awareness, especially outside local area;
- Responsible for ensuring photos are taken of volunteer groups, food distributions/MFP’s, events, etc., and distributed to media outlets throughout entire service area, as applicable, for maximum PR benefit;
- Create, produce and oversee distribution of communication materials including newsletters, brochures, press releases, invitations, etc;
Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, marketing, or related field
- 2-4 years experience, preferably for non-profits
- Knowledge of human services/poverty issues, preferably about hunger
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Office and social media outlets
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Reports to the Development Director