POSITION: Human Resources Representative II
REPORTS TO: HR Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: 0
Area of Accountability:
HR Generalist with project work in various HR aspects including some or all of the following; recruiting, training, safety, HRIS, wage administration, and employee/labor relations. Assists with all HR functions at a plant or business unit. Reports to HR Manager at site.
- Provide support on various HR processes, including performance appraisals, new employee orientation, salary and wage administration, and HR metrics.
- Deliver company mandated and other training modules to both hourly and salaried personnel.
- Recruit for assigned openings, following all aspects of the established recruiting process, which includes working closely with recruiting sources, hiring managers, candidates, and interviewers.
- Brief employees on key benefits; answers questions concerning benefit practices and policies.
- Maintain a strong customer service attitude to enhance employee relations and provide excellent service to client base. Maintain union-free environment by proactive positive employee relations.
- Assist with associate relations activities, including “on-the-floor” visibility and approachability. Coordinates formal communications with employees.
- Maintain HR records by ensuring that applications, resumes, position profiles, requisitions, and interview records, job offers, etc., are documented and filed in accordance with legal, corporate and ISO requirements. Administer the compensation and recruitment policies of the company. Use the HCM to maintain and update all employee related information, including training records, salary data, job titles & descriptions, and personal data.
- Assist with the safety efforts and coordinate the completion of weekly meetings and safety issues. Assists in Worker’s Compensation case management to establish an aggressive, proactive Return-To-Work Program.
- Lead the Co-op and Intern program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources field or related business field
- Two to three years’ full-time or intern work experience in HR required
- Strong knowledge of basic principles and practices of Human Resources
- Must be willing to relocate for next promotional / development assignment
- Experience in delivering training is required
- Knowledge of ADP or other HCM system a plus
- Solid PC skills a must
- Effective oral and written skills mandatory
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills required
- Ability to travel