Job Posting | Mouser
JOB TITLE: Production Management Trainee
DEPARTMENT: Operations / Production
SUPERVISOR: Vice President of Operations / Production Manager
LOCATION: Office and Manufacturing
Entry level management position tasked to learn the daily requirements of Production Supervision and Operations Departments on a pre-determined six-month rotating training schedule. Associate will learn the Mouser product platforms and construction techniques, then learn the process of converting orders to production schedules. Associate will assist with the preparation of written job instructions and procedure documentation. Associate will audit current SOPs in all departments for accuracy and suggest improvements. Associate will interact with the production teams daily and assist with continuous improvement projects. Associate will learn operations of each Order Services Department and fill in where needed for Department Managers. Associate will learn how to perform all metric calculations for all departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the timely and accurate processing of orders through Order Services processes.
- Verify and correct (as needed) all daily prepared paperwork by addressing root causes.
- Assist with monitoring formats of written correspondence to adhere to consistency within the group and Company standards.
- Provides input and assistance to associates as requested, to complete their work accurately.
- Help ensure daily work schedules are met.
- Audit Work instructions and SOPs for accuracy.
- Back up Department managers when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to learn Mouser nomenclature, products, and catalog.
- Knowledge of cabinet and parts within production standards.
- Ability to learn and manipulate Mouser Order Entry program.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other windows based programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to analyze job folder information for most effective result to meet the requirements intended for the parts ordered on finish up/quick ship orders.
- Ability to multi-task per production services schedule. Must possess cross-functional skills to complete tasks and to provide work to the plant floor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Two-year degree required, four-year degree preferred. AutoCad skills also preferred. Previous manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Seeing: Must be able to read paperwork, spec. books, and use tools. [Regularly: 67% – 100%]
- Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers. [Regularly: 67% – 100%]
- Standing/Walking: [Occasionally: 12% – 33%]
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: [Rarely: 0% – 12%]
- Kneeling/Climbing/Stooping: [Rarely: 0% – 12%]